Perhaps I'm over-stepping my bounds talking about a district I don't live in, so excuse me if I'm off base here. But some things have happened that have made me think Rep. Hurt is glad he's been renominated already and that he better hope things calm down in two years. Let's go over it shall we?
- Young Guns-led Campbell County slating
- Incredibly nasty race for 5th district chairman, where slating was upheld and the YG candidate won
- The 5th district is the only district Shak Hill carried at the 2014 convention in Roanoke
- Dave Brat defeated Eric Cantor, a far bigger fish than Hurt and effectively killing whatever juice Young Guns had.
- Bill Stanley just authored the amendment to ensure that the Gov cannot enact Obamacare by fiat.
Footseps ... footsteps .... footsteps